2.02.2011

Happy Birthday, Farrah

Farrah's Swimsuit To Hang In Smithsonian
Farrah's swimsuit will make its way to the Smithsonian today on what would have been her 64th birthday.  


As fifth graders, my friends and I all had every magazine picture and poster of her ever produced.  We tried to mimic her movements.  We sported this picture on our t-shirts, our names ironed on the back.



 We were cool with our feathered hair, skateboards and white Nikes. 


I don't know why, but every February 2nd without fail I remember that it's her birthday.  I guess because she was my first girl crush and role model.  I just looked the other way when her (shock!) nipples showed through her clothes.  The scandal! 


Rest in peace, dear lady.  

1 comment:

  1. Miracella2/04/2011

    Wow, that's hilarious. I was JUST like that when I was a kid. Ah, the days.

    ReplyDelete

Beak out: